Tax Accountant (Seasonal, Contract and Part Time)
Denver, CO US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We are a recruiting firm and staffing agency. We are currently working with several small to medium sized public accounting firms and a handful of corporate tax departments throughout the Denver – Front Range area and some clients in other areas the offer fully remote work. Our clients need people who have skills including preparation of individual and small business returns, review of complex business and HNW individual returns and assisting with C-corp compliance and tax provisions. Work schedule and length of commitment will vary and can be mutually agreed upon. A minimum commitment of 20 hours a week is needed. The positions range from fully remote, to hybrid to fully in-office.
Retired tax accountants, stay-at-home parents, fallouts from Covid, gig workers, people looking for additional income or any other tax professionals that have tax compliance, reporting and planning skills are encouraged to contact us. People with experience that only includes working for a retail tax company (H&R Block, etc.) are not qualified.
Many of these positions are for the coming busy season but some may start later in the year. Compensation varies depending on experience and the nature of the work assigned. The range is usually from $40 an hour for simple return preparation to $120 an hour for high level review work or management positions.
Responsibilities for a Tax Accountant or Tax Manager position might include:
- Preparation and / or review of individual and business tax returns, ranging from simple to complex in nature
- Perform tax related research and complete special projects
- Communicate with clients, the IRS and other business professionals as needed
- Consult with clients on accounting and tax issues
- Prepare complex federal and state returns for large corporations
- Prepare or review tax provision numbers and assist with SEC reporting requirements
Qualifications for a Tax Accountant or Tax Manager position are:
- Accounting degree or related coursework
- 1 – 40 years of tax experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude with tax accounting software, preferable