Senior Tax Analyst (Real Estate Company)
Denver, CO | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client knows that to have happy customers, they need happy employees. That's why they work hard to provide great benefits and compensation, as well as encouragement to excel professionally and personally. In addition to a generous benefits package, they provide ongoing opportunities for training, tuition reimbursement and help obtaining professional certifications.
This company's continued success has opened room for more jobs, including a Senior Tax Analyst position. As a Senior Tax Analyst for our client, you will be responsible for income/franchise tax compliance and assisting in the management of all tax research, forecasting and provision work.
- Preparation of federal and state returns for complex partnerships, corporations and REITs using Insource Software (GO Systems).
- Estimated payments and partnership withholding tax calculations by state.
- Information gathering and analysis for the general ledger and asset management systems including querying, asset uploads, data integrity and data management.
- Participate in the coordination of responses to the tax authorities, to include researching issues, requesting data from other departments, and drafting of responses.
- Prepare book-to-tax adjustment analysis by examining the taxability of investment income/expenses and property transactions.
- Assist in preparing summaries of annual tax basis calculations relating to shareholder disclosures in financial statements.
- Assist accounting group as needed with calculations of tax depreciation.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly REIT tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- CPA or advanced degree in taxation, preferred.
- Minimum of two to three years experience in corporate and partnership taxation.
- Experience in corporate/partnership taxation, and income tax accounting. Real estate or REIT experience a plus. Ability to think conceptually and translate concepts into practical applications and solutions. Must have a strong work ethic, integrity, and good business acumen.
- Knowledge, experience, and expertise in project planning and management in analysis of operations for the purpose of proposing innovative solutions to problems; and in organizing, writing, and editing information to make it meaningful to a wide array of audiences.
Out of state candidates will be considered but no relocation assistance is available at this time.
Qualified candidates may have a title such as Senior Tax Analyst, Senior Tax Associate, Senior Tax Accountant. Lead Tax Analyst, Income Tax Senior, Senior Income Tax Consultant, Tax Professional, CPA, etc.