Senior Tax Analyst II (Insurance)
Denver, CO US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client, a nationally known insurance company, is hiring for a strong senior tax analyst. This is a great position to show off your tax know-how and take on some challenges outside of tax in an environment that fosters the collaborative efforts of its employees and really recognizes the importance of a good work-life balance. This role can be fully remote.
What makes this Senior Tax Analyst position so good?
- More traditional work schedule (40-45 hours a week)
- Ability to work fully remotely
- Tax Department that prioritizes the need for work/life balance
- Full array of benefits including: Extensive PTO, Full medical and dental, sick leave, etc.
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and benefits.
What kind of background is best for this Senior Tax Analyst position?
- The idea candidate would have at least 4 years of tax experience, preferably with an insurance tax background.
- Prior experience in public accounting or corporate tax department
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. (Master’s degree a plus)
- CPA is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities for the Senior Tax Analyst include?
- Oversee tax liability and provision calculation and reporting.
- Help Initiate, review, and communicate tax planning opportunities to the VP of Tax.
- Perform tax research and advise internal personnel relative to tax issues.
- Assist with preparing complex tax returns
- Assist with yearend tax planning
- Involvement with exciting and challenging projects outside of tax