Senior Tax Accountant (Family Office)
Denver, CO | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client, located in the Denver metro area, has an opening for a Senior Tax Accountant. This is a great position to show off your tax know-how and take on some challenges outside of tax in an environment that fosters the collaborative efforts of its employees.
What makes this Senior Tax Accountant position so good?
- Competitive base salary of $90K-$120K plus bonus and benefits.
- Fun team that is goal-oriented, but also believes in work-life balance, including offering a hybrid schedule.
- About 50% of your time will be spent on tax matters and the other 50% will be spent on high level accounting & finance projects or other business matters.
- Your work will include reviewing and preparing entity returns, including partnerships, S-Corps, C-Corps, Trusts and Non-profits. You'll also help with a few individual returns. A good understanding of accounting and finance, legal and insurance matters and general business matters is helpful.
Responsibilities for the Senior Tax Accountant include:
- Managing and reviewing work of Tax Accountant
- Assist with preparing and reviewing a variety of tax returns
- Assist with year end tax planning
- Involvement with exciting and challenging projects outside of tax
- Assisting with some accounting issues related to investments
- Planning related to entity formation, acquisitions, and dispositions
What kind of background is best for this Senior Tax Accountant position?
- The idea candidate would have at least 3 - 6 years of tax experience, preferably as a generalist.
- Someone coming from a mid-market or local firm or from a family office
- A candidate with a current CPA is preferred, but not required.
Qualified candidates may currently have a title such as: Tax Manager, Senior Tax Accountant, Senior Tax Associate, Tax Specialist, Tax Analyst, Senior Tax Consultant, Tax Senior, Tax Accountant, CPA, etc.
This position offers a hybrid schedule, therefore candidates need to be living in the Denver area or willing to relocate. No relocation assistance will be offered at this time.