Indirect Tax Supervisor
Denver, CO US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We have been engaged by the Tax Director of a private service company located in the Denver area to help identify and hire someone for a newly created Indirect Tax Supervisor position.
What makes this Indirect Tax Supervisor position such a good job:
· Flexible work arrangement allowing for remote and in-office work.
· Opportunity to advance and learn
· Technology driven tax team and department
· Dynamic and fun environment
· Competitive compensation plan, $90K-$110K, and incredible bonus opportunity
· Supportive environment where tax is truly valued
· Strong benefits plan that includes PTO, health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, etc.
Some of the responsibilities of the Indirect Tax Supervisor include:
· Lead person in areas of sales and use and property tax
· Mentor, train and coach other tax staff
· Review and prepare account reconciliations
· General ledger analysis and preparation or review of journal entries
· Review or prepare multi-state sales and use tax returns, including payment requests
· Assist in gathering information, answering inquires and working with outside consultants regarding sales and use tax
· Communicate with Company operating units regarding sales/use tax accruals, payments and returns
The Indirect Tax Supervisor candidate might have these qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
· 3-7+ years of relevant tax experience in public accounting or a large corporation
· Vertex and SAP experience a plus
· CPA, CMI or other relevant certification a plus
· Strong technical tax skills, analytical, problem solving, and accounting skills
· Strong general ledger and account reconciliation experience
Out of state candidates are being considered and may be offered some relocation assistance.
Qualified candidates may have a title such as: Sales and Use Tax Associate, Sales & Use Tax Manager, SUT Supervisor, Indirect Tax Manager, Indirect Tax Senior Associate, S & U Tax Supervisor, Indirect Tax Consultant, Transaction Tax Manager, Transaction Tax Accountant, Sales & Use Tax Accountant, etc.