Indirect Tax Analyst (Hybrid)
Denver, CO US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We have been engaged by the tax department of a large food distribution company to help identify someone for an indirect tax analyst position. This position will be focused on assisting with sales and use tax returns in addition to other non-income tax returns. The tax department offers a fun work environment that gives plenty of room for learning and upward career mobility.
Why this Indirect Tax Analyst position might be right for you:
- Reasonable hours (usually 40 hour work weeks)
- Opportunity to advance and learn new things
- Extensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, LTD and STD, 401(k) with company contribution, tuition reimbursement, PTO and paid holidays, etc.
- Open and friendly management and culture
- Company and department that wants each employee to succeed
The ideal Indirect Tax Analyst candidate will have:
- Four-year degree (Accounting, preferred)
- 1-4 years working in transaction tax
- Strong ability to work in Microsoft Excel
- Eagerness to learn and advance
What the Indirect Tax Analyst will do:
- Prepare sales and use tax returns and payment requests timely and accurately
- Timely file all assigned returns
- Prepare monthly use tax accruals and other month end journal entries
- Prepare other non-income tax returns, including beverage taxes, unclaimed property, etc.
- Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations
- Review monthly expense and fixed asset purchases for proper sales and use tax treatment
Out of state candidates are not being considered at this time but may be in the future.
Qualified candidates will have a title such as: Tax Accountant, Tax Associate, Senior Tax Accountant, Tax Senior, Senior Tax Associate, Tax Specialist, Tax Consultant, etc.