Senior Tax Associate (Boutique HNW Firm)
We have been engaged by a boutique, local public accounting firm with offices in the DTC area, to find a new Senior Tax Associate. This unique firm stands out as being different from most! While the offices are very professional and the staff is top notch, they aren’t bound by many of the typical methods used by a lot of public accounting firms.
Why we think you'll love this Senior Tax Associate position:
- This firm has no have a billable hours goal! In fact, they don’t track billable hours.
- They don’t have a time off policy! They feel that if you hire professionals you should treat them like professionals.
- There is no pressure or expectation to develop business or sell! They have more business then they know what to do with.
- Their clients are primarily High Net Worth and Ultra-High Net Worth individuals that prefer to maintain a low profile.
- They attract clients like professional athletes and wealthy families by word of mouth.
- The work is interesting and challenging, and involves a fair bit of research and planning.
- This isn’t your typical 1040 work! In fact, most of the staff come from Big 4 or large firms where they would get exposure to issues like these.
Here is a list of skills we feel are necessary for the Senior Tax Associate position:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or related field (Masters in Tax is preferred)
- Experience reviewing returns, mentoring staff, and managing work-flow and client engagements
- Experience with complex research and planning issues
- Minimum of 1 year of recent public accounting tax compliance and planning experience
- Experience with complex tax compliance for HNW individuals and pass-thru entities
- Desire to teach and coach as well as grow and learn
- CPA or CPA eligibility required
- Strong communication skills
Out of state candidates will be considered, but there is no relocation assistance at this time.
Qualified candidates may have a title such as Senior Tax Associate, Tax Associate, Tax Accountant, Senior Tax Accountant, Tax Consultant, Tax Specialist, Tax Senior, Tax Advisor, Senior Tax Advisor, etc..