Tax Senior/Manager (Manufacturing Company)
Twin Cities, MN | Direct Hire
Sr. Tax Accountant / Tax Manager
A very successful manufacturing company has engaged us to help identify strong corporate tax professionals at the senior staff or light manager level. Employees at this company are recognized for the work they do! Our client knows that running a good business starts with happy employees. This role offers variety and a collaborative environment for the right candidate.
- Prepares federal, state and local income tax returns for assigned business units within the corporation.
- Prepares and analyzes financial and tax accounts, records and reports, reporting any discrepancies or anomalies to appropriate leader.
- Prepares federal and state estimated quarterly estimated payments for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepares the ASC 740 calculation for annual audit.
- Assists with audits, including income and property tax audits, as needed.
- Advises senior leadership regarding the effects of business activities on taxes as well as strategies for minimizing tax liabilities.
- Assists with other tax matters, as required.
- May act as go-to person in the absence of department leader and assumes responsibility for training new employees as requested.
Education, Training, and Skill Recommendations/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- 4 - 8 years income tax experience consisting of a combination of public accounting and industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite required; intermediate to expert level in Excel desired
- CPA license preferred
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication and mathematical skills.
- Must meet all training requirements as defined by department.