Tax Senior (Flow-through)
Minneapolis, MN | Direct Hire
Senior Tax Accountant
A Minneapolis based Real Estate and Construction company is looking to add a Tax Senior to their group. This is a very unique role within a medium sized tax group that offers interesting and complex work as well strong mentorship from management. Partnership experience is a requirement, real estate experience highly valued.
Planning and Research
- Assist with projecting, planning, and modeling of federal tax implications with respect to proposed transactions.
- Perform basic research surrounding proposed transactions and other tax issues and provide written documentation of conclusions.
- Maintain a current knowledge of assigned Company’s business activities and profitability.
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax returns in compliance with current tax laws.
- Identify and calculate book to tax differences and prepare tax work papers that document and support conclusions.
- Create and maintain organized tax work paper files.
- Calculate federal and state quarterly estimated tax payments and extension payments.
- Document tax work papers and conclusions in sufficient detail with appropriate cross-referencing.
- Set up and maintain member/shareholder basis schedules.
- Prepare and maintain deferred tax inventory schedules.
- Perform basic research and document conclusions in writing.
- Develop good working relationships with tax team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- CPA designation (or in progress) preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in the tax field, preferably with public accounting experience
- Partnership experience