Tax Manager/Senior Manager (Manufacturing Company)
Twin Cities, MN
We have been engaged by the VP of Tax of a Twin Cities manufacturing company to identify a strong Tax Manager for a newly created role. This is a provision, planning, and fed/state compliance focused role within a 6 person department. They have a laid back group, are friendly, and work very reasonable hours.
- Coordinate the global tax provision working with teams responsible for each region
- Work with the tax department on the company’s federal and state tax returns
- Review and assist with provision to return reconciliation for federal and state returns
- Prepare purchase accounting schedules for acquisitions;
- Establish, calculate and/or review federal tax reserve balances and discrete tax items
- Respond to questions from the Company’s financial statement auditor;
- Assist in the Company’s compliance with tax processes necessary for Sec. 404 compliance (SOX) and that such compliance is timely evidenced with relevant supporting documentation.
- Manage the transition of acquired assets, business units, and companies including ensuring that historical records are appropriately preserved;
- Identify and research of federal and state tax issues;
- Coordinate the Company’s professional service providers for federal and state planning.
- 6+ years of corporate tax experience
- CPA required and Masters in Taxation preferred.
- Strong provision experience
- Experience in a corporate tax department or large national public accounting firm
- Experience managing staff personnel