We have been engaged by a dynamic and fast growing financial services company to identify a Tax Manager! This role is responsible for (federal, state, local) tax compliance, tax accounting, tax planning, managing tax audits, and performing tax research so leadership can make informed business decisions. Representative responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee tax liability and provision calculation and reporting.
- Initiate, review, and communicate tax planning opportunities to the VP of Tax.
- Perform tax research and advise internal personnel relative to tax issues.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of tax related reports for all jurisdictions (such as, income tax, premium tax, gross receipts tax, sales and use tax, property tax, municipal tax, withholding tax, information reporting and unclaimed property) to ensure company compliance.
- Oversee the calculation and payment of the various tax liabilities (such as quarterly estimated taxes, monthly gross receipts taxes, monthly sales and use taxes, daily customer withholding taxes, federal excise taxes and unclaimed property.
- Manage governmental tax audits.
- Responsible for hiring, firing, performance management, pay decisions, and professional development of direct reports.
- Growing leadership skills to advance both company goals and coach team members to professional success.
The new successful tax manager will team with others including, but not limited to finance department personnel, product line personnel, law department personnel, sales personnel, product development personnel, compliance department personnel, mortgage loan personnel, IT personnel and executive management. This role also interacts frequently externally with tax jurisdictions, governmental bodies and external auditors.
This role will also be able to take advice from senior managers and directors and work to positively influence outcomes within appropriate policies, procedures and business plans. The Tax Manager works to adapt the team and department plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. The Tax Manager resolves issues when arising and encourages the team to be innovative in approach and drives process improvements in day-to-day operations.
BA in Accounting.
Minimum Years of Related Work Experience Required:
5-7 years tax experience.
Specific Industry and/or Specialty Experience Required:
Knowledge of insurance taxation & statutory accounting for insurance companies a plus. CPA Certification and or MS in taxation preferred.