Tax Manager (Wealth Management Firm)
Seattle, WA | Direct Hire
We are working with one of the country’s fastest growing wealth management firms, looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join their team and provide immediate positive service impact for individual income tax planning and compliance, fiduciary income tax planning and compliance, and related estate gift and charitable tax planning and compliance.
They are looking for a passionate and talented Tax Manager who enjoys developing and maintaining lasting relationships with clients. They really get to know their clients, have a deep understanding of their personal and business goals, and provide high quality tax and planning advice using a consultative approach.
A significant portion of the Tax Services practice consists of managing the tax compliance process for our clients’ individual income tax, trust, and gift tax returns. This position is responsible for overseeing a portion of the Tax Services group in the preparation and planning process for the firm’s clients.
- Lead tax client service team for compliance and tax planning for some of the firm’s clients
- Final review and sign off of tax returns (federal & state returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates)
- Oversee tax projections and tax audits for clients
- Support the advisory team in tax planning related functions
- Assist clients by phone support and attend client meetings
- Conduct technical research as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required; Masters in Taxation or JD preferred
- 5+ years of complicated individual income tax return compliance required; estate, gift, trust and partnership experience also required
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis and evaluation
- Strong computer skills (Windows, MSFT Office, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems ( CCH Axcess Tax, BNA Tax Planner) and tax research tools (BNA Portfolios and RIA Checkpoint)
- Experience with ADP, QuickBooks, and databases (i.e. Salesforce) preferred
- Strong research skills and knowledge in tax related areas and understanding of the workings of the Internal Revenue Code, Regulations and other tax pronouncements
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with a tight-knit team of firm professionals with a range of tax knowledge