Tax Manager (Family Office)
Our client, a family office in the Denver metro area, has an opening for a Tax Manager. This is a great position to show off your tax know-how and take on some challenges outside of tax in an environment that fosters the collaborative efforts of its employees and really recognizes the importance of a good work-life balance.
What makes this Tax Manager position so good?
- About 50% of your time will be spent on tax matters and the other 50% will be spent on high level accounting & finance projects or other business matters.
- The family office includes entities such as Oil & Gas partnerships, private equity partnerships, an operating non-profit, and a large number of other businesses. There is a small aspect of international work, as well.
- Your work will include reviewing and preparing about 15 individual and 200 entity returns, including partnerships, S-Corps, C-Corps, Trusts and Non-profits. A good understanding of accounting and finance, legal and insurance matters and general business matters is helpful.
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and benefits.
Responsibilities for the Tax Manager include:
- Managing and reviewing work of Tax Accountant
- Assist with preparing complex tax returns
- Assist with year end tax planning
- Involvement with exciting and challenging projects outside of tax
- Assisting with some accounting issues related to investments
- Planning related to entity formation, acquisitions, and dispositions
What kind of background is best for this Tax Manager position?
- The idea candidate would have at least 7 years of tax experience, preferably as a generalist.
- A candidate with a current CPA is preferred but not required.