Tax Director (HNW Planning & Advisory)
We have been engaged by an exclusive investment management and wealth advisory company located in downtown Boulder to help them identify a key member of their Client Advisory team. This valued member of the organization will be responsible for tax planning and advisory services as it relates to all aspects of the client experience and portfolio enhancement. This individual should expect to take charge of tasks and initiatives, focusing on both short term, annual and long-term client outcomes. This role requires both a team and utility player mentality and candidates should be adept at problem solving and thinking outside the box. This role is not responsible for the preparation of any tax returns.
Our client serves sophisticated, ultra-high-net-worth entrepreneurs and executives, many with family office environments. The culture is professional and client-centric. The person they seek will have in depth knowledge of tax issues and planning opportunities for UHNW individuals and alternative investments. Potential candidates might come from a Big 4, middle market or boutique public accounting firm or from a family office or wealth management firm. We seek tax technical expertise with polished people and communication skills.
A very competitive compensation package and bonus is available. Nationwide relocation assistance will be provided.
- Undergraduate degree with a preference for Finance, Accounting, and/or a related field
- 8+ years’ experience with a public accounting firm (preferably working with alternative investments or with high net worth clients who invest in alternatives) and/or experience in a high level tax role with a wealth management firm with a meaningful asset allocation to the same
- Deep knowledge of the tax code, balanced with a fluency in articulating tax matters in a sophisticated and relatable manner
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgment, self-starter, and ability to handle concurrent demands efficiently and to take ownership of results
- Masters of Taxation (or Accounting)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation