Senior Tax Analyst (Technology Company)
Denver, CO | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
As a result of continued growth, we are working with the Tax Director of a global technology innovator to find a new Senior Tax Analyst to join their team. This role will be an integral part of the tax function with an approachable and collaborative leadership team and could potentially hold the title of Tax Manager.
Why we feel you'll appreciate this Senior Tax Analyst role:
- Mostly remote work opportunity (currently fully remote, will become a hybrid position with limited time in office)
- Competitive salary, starting between $85,000-$95,000 + Bonus
- This company has become a leader in their industry, expanding their tax department because of significant growth
- Participation in, or lead on special projects
- Small tax department which will offer a wide variety of responsibilities
- Growing and acquisitive company
- Full suite of benefits, including health and dental insurance, PTO, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings plan
Essential responsibilities of this new Senior Tax Analyst include the following:
- Tax reporting – Preparation of corporate external financial statement tax calculations under ASC 740, quarterly and annual tax provisions and related footnotes, and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal control requirements
- Tax compliance - Prepare corporate federal (1120), state and local tax returns, quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions, and other tax filings
- Technical Tax Research Support – Help monitor and analyze tax issues to maintain and communicate knowledge of tax laws, and procedures to determine effects on the company and recommend appropriate tax positions
- Tax audits support – Aide in the representation of the company during tax audits
To perform this job successfully the Senior Tax Analyst will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Master’s in taxation; CPA preferred
- At least 3 years of tax experience; public accounting tax experience helpful but not required
- Corporate tax experience with a public company preferred
- Prior experience with ASC 740
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of GAAP and SEC topics, as well as familiarity with SOX
Out of state candidates are being considered, but relocation assistance is not available at this time.
Qualified candidates will have a title such as: Tax Accountant, Tax Associate, Senior Tax Accountant, Tax Senior, Senior Tax Associate, Tax Specialist, Tax Consultant, etc.