Senior Tax Accountant (Family Office)
Twin Cities, MN | Direct Hire
Senior Tax Accountant
We have recently been engaged by the VP of Tax for a hybrid family office in Minneapolis to identify a strong Senior Tax Accountant candidate to add to their team. This role provides unique variety and exposure to many different areas within tax. Culturally, this company values it’s employee’s time out of office and offers a progressive and collaborative environment.
Income Tax Compliance
- Determine book to tax differences through analysis and tax research and prepare tax work papers to support conclusions.
- Research and prepare tax memorandums to support important tax positions.
- Document tax work papers and conclusions in sufficient detail with appropriate cross-
- Prepare federal, state, and local income returns in compliance with current tax laws.
- Create and maintain organized tax work paper files.
- Identify tax issues and planning opportunities in the preparation of returns and provide information to Tax Manager.
- Prepare federal and state quarterly estimates and extensions.
- Monitor and communicate tax law and regulatory changes.
- Develop and foster good working relationships with tax personnel and other internal
Transaction Analysis and Research
- Identify and evaluate transactions which have tax ramifications.
- Assist with projecting, planning, and modeling of federal tax implications with respect to real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and other transactions.
- Perform tax research surrounding proposed transactions and other tax issues and draft memorandums to support findings.
- Respond to inquiries from internal clients concerning various tax issues, including sales and use tax, transfer taxes, expense reporting, employee benefits, payroll tax and information reporting.
Federal and State Inquiry and Audit Support
- Research and respond to inquiries from state and local taxing authorities.
- Assist with audit inquiry responses, review document requests, gather and analyze documents, and research applicable law.
- Resolve minor issues directly with the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the tax field, preferably with public accounting experience
- Experience with pass-through entity taxation preferred
- Excellent research and technical writing abilities