Senior State Income Tax Analyst
We have recently been contracted to source a Senior State Income Tax Analyst for a technology driven company in the south Denver area. Our client is dedicated to building professional relationships with their customers, to delivering high quality service and utilizing the latest technology to create a exceptional customer experience.
Because our client operates on a global scale, it provides a great opportunity to gain experience working with a diverse culture and lots of room for advancement. This company recognizes that their employees do not all fit into the same mold and strive to recognize individual needs and opportunities for growth. This firm is in the business of establishing and building relationships, and that company value extends all the way to their employee. They work hard to create a fun and challenging environment with plenty of opportunities to learn and help others.
Our client is looking for a Senior State Income Tax Analyst. The Senior State Income Tax Analyst candidate will be responsible for assisting in the preparation & review of state income/franchise tax returns, the state piece of the tax provision, schedules supporting financial statement disclosure and assisting with federal and international compliance as well as other projects.
Responsibilities of the Tax Analyst or Senior Tax Analyst:
- Preparation and review of State, Federal and International income tax returns, quarterly estimated payments and extensions for companies across multiple jurisdictions, as assigned
- Coordinate with outside service providers for compliance on legal entities, as assigned
- Analysis of balance sheet tax accounts and monthly reconciliations for individual companies including any necessary accruals and/or adjusting entries
- Research tax return filing position and prepare memos and other documentation related to individual companies
- Manage statutory and income tax audits for assigned companies
- Respond to notices received from taxing jurisdictions
- Undergraduate accounting degree required CPA and/or MST desirable
- 2 - 6 years tax experience (federal, state, international) and a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing roles and responsibilities
- Working knowledge of tax compliance systems and software
- Experience with tax research material and applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of mainframe and PC based accounting systems and Microsoft Office Suite