Indirect Tax Supervisor (Service Company)
Denver, CO | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
We have been engaged by the VP of Tax of a dynamic, private service company, located in the Denver area, to help identify and hire someone for a newly created Indirect Tax Supervisor position.
What makes this Indirect Tax Supervisor position such a good job:
- Flexible work arrangement allowing for remote and in-office work.
- Opportunity to advance and learn
- Technology driven tax team and department
- Dynamic and fun environment
- Competitive compensation plan, $80K-$100K, and incredible bonus opportunity
- Supportive environment where tax is truly valued
- Strong benefits plan that includes PTO, health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, etc.
Some of the responsibilities of the Indirect Tax Supervisor include:
- Lead person in all areas of sales and use and property tax
- Mentor, train and coach other tax staff
- Review and prepare account reconciliations
- General ledger analysis and preparation or review of journal entries
- Review or prepare multi-state sales and use tax returns, including payment requests
- Assist in gathering information, answering inquires and working with outside consultants regarding sales and use tax
- Communicate with Company operating units regarding sales/use tax accruals, payments and returns
The Indirect Tax Supervisor candidate might have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 3-7+ years of relevant tax experience in public accounting or a large corporation
- Vertex and SAP experience a plus
- CPA, CMI or other relevant certification a plus
- Strong technical tax skills, analytical, problem solving, and accounting skills
- Strong general ledger and account reconciliation experience
Out of state candidates are being considered and may be offered some relocation assistance.
Qualified candidates may have a title such as: Sales and Use Tax Associate, Sales & Use Tax Manager, SUT Supervisor, Indirect Tax Manager, Indirect Tax Senior Associate, S & U Tax Supervisor, Indirect Tax Consultant, Transaction Tax Manager, Transaction Tax Accountant, Sales & Use Tax Accountant, etc.