Indirect Tax Staff Accountant (Communications Company)
As an Indirect Tax Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for transaction tax compliance. Returns are filed in state and local tax jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- File returns by EDI.
- Prepare business license registrations and renewals and request payments.
- Analyze reports to ensure accurate reporting of business license fees.
- Reconcile data between systems to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Ensure timely and accurate filings to minimize assessments and penalties.
- Resolve notices and outstanding tax issues.
A successful Indirect Tax Staff Accountant will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, Accounting or related field.
- Critical thinking and a high degree of enthusiasm with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Must be a self-starter with an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Good communications skills with internal and external customers.
- Strive to achieve effective performance within the team, working for the overall success of the company.