Senior Tax Advisor (Wealth Management Firm)
Denver, CO | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Currently seeking a Senior Tax Advisor for a great opportunity to join a wealth management firm in the Denver, CO area. The ideal candidate will possess 3 to 8 years of experience in a local or middle market public accounting firm.
Responsibilities of the Senior Tax Advisor
- Work with internal members of the firm to help with planning and tax minimization strategies.
- Review and prepare a variety of tax returns for individuals and families and their associated businesses, investments, and fiduciary entities. The returns will mostly include partnerships, S-corps, complex individual returns, and possibly some estate, trust, NFP and foundation returns.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing budgets and projections.
- Communicate with clients on issues around tax compliance and planning.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Requirements of the Tax Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant subject.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- CPA or CPA eligible.
- 3 to 8 years of experience in a local or middle market public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of GAAP a plus.
- Familiarity with accounting and tax software packages.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
We have found that candidates with titles like Tax Accountant, Tax Specialist, Tax Analyst, Tax Associate, Senior Tax Associate, Senior Tax Accountant, Tax Manager, Tax Consultant, CPA and Tax Advisor are usually very qualified.
Out of state candidates are being considered but relocation assistance is not available at this time.